31st Annual Alumni Career Fair
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Cobb Galleria Centre – Two Galleria Parkway, Atlanta, GA
GT ALUMNI- Build Your Tech Team at Work!
Have your company register and receive a $25 gift card and be entered into a drawing for an iPad mini! Be sure the person registering your organization enters your name and contact information on the registration form.
Did you know?
- 97 percent of employers that attended the 2013 Alumni Career Fair said they’d likely schedule an interview with an attendee as a result of the fair
- Over 67 percent of companies that attended indicated that they would be contacting 3 or more candidates identified at the fair
- Over 90 percent of 2013 employer attendees said it is likely they will recruit at the Career Fair in 2014
Each spring, the Georgia Tech Alumni Career Fair helps employers recruit, screen and hire qualified candidates. We invite you to join us for this unique recruiting event that gives employers the chance to interact directly with experienced Georgia Tech alumni. Please note: Though our career fair is designed for alumni, we do allow graduating seniors and graduate students to participate.
- View the Schedule
- About Our Alumni
- Types of Employers
- Companies Already Registered
- Employer Benefits
- Registration Details
- Venue Information/ Hotel Accommodations
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, May 13
10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. — Employer Check-in
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. — Employer Lunch
1:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. — Career Fair
About Our Alumni
In 2013, more than 900 Tech job seekers participated in the Career Fair, representing all levels of experience and areas of expertise. Seventy-three percent of attendees were looking for a new position as soon as possible. Thirteen percent were researching future opportunities for career growth. Fifty-five percent of alumni attending have bachelor’s degrees. Twenty-nine percent have master’s degrees. Fifty-five percent come from Engineering, twenty percent come from Business, eight percent come from Sciences and four percent come from Computing.
The following is a breakdown of participants according to graduation year range from the 2013 fair.
|Graduation Year Range||Percentage of Attendees|
Through its Colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Management, Sciences, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts, Georgia Tech offers more than 35 undergraduate majors and more than 55 minors, 47 master’s programs, and 30 doctoral programs. Find out more information about Georgia Tech’s degree offerings.
Attendees from all college populations are represented at our fair. In recent years, the most highly represented major areas have been: Mechanical Engineering, Management and Industrial Engineering. Electrical, Chemical and Civil Engineering have been strongly represented. MBA has been the graduate degree seen most often. A variety of professional areas are represented at our fair. In 2013, Project Management, IE/Quality/Logistics, Research & Development, IT & CS, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering were among the ones most often mentioned.
Backgrounds and Skills
The Georgia Tech Career Fair attracts a variety of professionals with backgrounds in engineering, business, non-profit management and scientific research.
You’ll meet with candidates such as these:
- Business executive and quality professional who loves to lead process improvements, coach teams, grow revenue, and reduce expenses.
- PhD with mathematical, design, data analysis and research skills.
- Mechanical and Systems Engineering Professional offering a 10+ year career with background in development, manufacturing, and quality processes utilizing Lean Six Sigma training.
- MBA with international consulting experience.
- Manufacturing Engineer with record of successful problem solving in both mature and startup firms.
- Marketing Director with strong background in strategy and business development.
- Electrical Engineer with diverse background in Logistics, Manufacturing, Operations, Maintenance, Project Management, and Change Management.
- Technical Sales Representative responsible for $10M in annual revenues.
What Types of Employers Recruit at the Fair?
Organizations of all shapes and sizes recruit at our fair! From Fortune 500 companies to start-ups to non-profits to federal government agencies, they all find quality candidates at the Georgia Tech Alumni Career Fair.
Acuity Brands Lighting – Conyers, GA
Alcon Laboratories, Inc. – Johns Creek, GA
*BlueWave Computing – Smyrna, GA
Cadillac Jack – Duluth, GA
Ciena – Ottawa, ON, Canada
Colonial Pipeline Company – Alpharetta, GA
Decision First Technologies – Atlanta, GA
Eaton – Peachtree City, GA
Enercon Services, Inc. – Kennesaw, GA
Epic – Verona, WI
First Data – Atlanta, GA
Fortna Inc. – Alpharetta, GA
Georgia Tech Research Institute – Atlanta, GA
Georgia-Pacific – Atlanta, GA
Greenway Medical Technologies – Carrollton, GA
Hewlett-Packard – Alpharetta, GA
*Iatric Systems, Inc. – Tyrone, GA
Kaiser Permanente – Atlanta, GA
Kubota Manufacturing of America – Gainesville, GA
L-3 Communications – Alpharetta, GA
Manhattan Associates – Atlanta, GA
MARTA – Atlanta, GA
McKenney’s – Atlanta, GA
Michelin – Greenville, SC
NCR Corp. – Duluth, GA
*Nead Werx. Inc. – Atlanta, GA
Neptune Technology Group – Tallassee, AL
Novelis Inc. – Atlanta, GA
Pardot – Atlanta, GA
Printpack Inc – Atlanta, GA
Propagation Research Associates, Inc. – Marietta, GA
RaceTrac Petroleum – Atlanta, GA
RedPrairie – Waukesha, WI
Ricoh Electronics, Inc. – Lawrenceville, GA
SCANA – Cayce, SC
Scientific Research Corp. – Atlanta, GA
Southern Company – Atlanta, GA
Southwire – Carrollton, GA
Tennessee Valley Authority – Chattanooga, TN
Transunion – Atlanta, GA
Turner Broadcasting – Atlanta, GA
Vanderlande Industries – Marietta, GA
Waffle House, Inc. – Norcross, GA
*Thanks to these employers for their support of GT Alumni Career Fair! We appreciate your sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for the 2013 Alumni Career Fair, please contact Holly Green, coordinator, business development, at 404-894-0765.
- Access to hundreds of alumni resumes provided in electronic format in advance of & following the fair!
- An 8×10’ curtained exhibit space, a standard 6’ table, available electrical outlet, and wireless Internet access.
- Three employer lunches included.
- Entry in the Employer Data Book listing your company’s contact information and current/upcoming job openings distributed to all alumni attending. Please note: Employers registering after Friday, April 18 will be included in the Employer Data Book Addendum.
- Company name listed on the Georgia Tech Alumni Career Services website.
What Employers Have Said (from the 2013 Georgia Tech Alumni Career Fair Employer Survey)
- Many more candidates than I was expecting.
- Great prepared candidates.
- Very well run and organized.
Registration and booth assignments are based on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited. Preferred booth spaces are available through event sponsorships. The event is restricted to direct hiring companies only – no third party agencies, please.
General Registration (March 8 through April 18, 2014 at midnight)
The regular Career Fair registration fee will be in effect between March 8, 2014 and April 18, 2014. The fee during that time frame is $1,750. A discounted rate of $1,000 is available for the following employers: non-profit organizations, state/local government agencies, Georgia Tech affiliates, and companies with less than 50 employees worldwide.
Late Registration (after April 18, 2014) is $1,950 for all employers.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received before April 4, 2014 are responsible for a $750 cancellation fee. Companies cancelling a reservation on or after April 4, 2013 are responsible for the full registration fee.
Venue Information/Hotel Accommodations
The Cobb Galleria Centre is the venue selected for the Georgia Tech Alumni Career Fair. It is located in Northwest Atlanta at I-75 and I-285 at Two Galleria Parkway. There is ample complimentary parking on-site and easy access to public transportation.
The following hotels are in the immediate vicinity of Cobb Galleria Centre. _Please note that there is no room block associated with either hotel.
The Renaissance Waverly Hotel is connected to the Cobb Galleria Centre and is located at 2450 Galleria Parkway. You may contact the hotel at 888-391-8724 or 770-953-4500. Link to the Renaissance Waverly.
The Sheraton Suites Galleria is another possibility for accommodations and is located across Cobb Parkway from the Cobb Galleria. The areas are connected by footbridge. You may contact the Sheraton directly at 888-625-5144 or 770-955-3900.
For more information on hotels in the area, visit the Cobb Galleria website.
Georgia Tech Alumni Association Contact Information
If you have questions, contact Caroline Player, director of alumni career services and networking, Georgia Tech Alumni Association at 404-894-2394.
Special thanks to our sponsors!
Gain great visibility among alumni attendees through sponsorship! For more information on sponsorship or to become a Career Fair sponsor, contact Holly Green, coordinator, business development, at 404-894-0765.